Manager, CommunicationsLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Manager, Communications to join our Communications Team in Louisville, Kentucky.
Kindred Healthcare is seeking an experienced communications professional and outstanding writer who excels are creating engaging content, telling great stories, and has the ability to communicate simply and elegantly about complex topics. The position is responsible for supporting the Senior Director of Enterprise Communications across a variety of communications verticals, including internal communications, external communications, speeches and presentations, and more. This individual will work closely with executives and other stakeholders on message development, content creation, collateral development, and other key tasks to keep employees informed and engaged with company programs, benefits, and initiatives. This role also will assist with local PR/press releases, coordinating photoshoots, obtaining releases, etc. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communications skills, a strong writing portfolio, project management experience, and comfort with data and analysis as it relates to measuring the effectiveness of communications campaigns.
- Gain a deep understanding of Kindred’s enterprise and line of business goals to inform the strategy of a successful communications program.
- Work closely with leaders in the Marketing and Communications department to coordinate content development and ensure content is leveraged appropriately for multiple audiences.
- Serve as a “storyteller” to help highlight the value/impact of various internal programs, benefits, etc. This includes profiling team members who have benefitted or used key programs, and sharing their story effectively to encourage others to participate.
- Daily management of content and campaigns to engage employees.
- Display strong project management principles to deploy complex change management communication campaigns and coordinate between various stakeholders.
- Build relationships with executives, operational/clinical leaders, and employees to create a comprehensive communications strategy.
- Lead regular meetings to review content calendar, upcoming company news and milestones, and approve content for use across multiple communications touchpoints.
- Work with Director of External Communications as needed to assist with local PR/press releases and other tasks as needed.
- Assist Same Store leads with writing/content development tasks, as needed, including employee communications for new starts/acquisitions, divestitures, crisis communications, etc.
- Assist with ongoing review/update of internal and external web site content.
- Proofing of assets on ongoing basis as needed.
- Experienced writer and effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Prior communications experience in a corporate or agency setting with exposure through an entry-level or mid-level position desired.
- Healthcare background preferred but not required.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple deadlines and plan asset timelines accordingly.
- Proficient at Microsoft products, ie. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment; effectively managing multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Ability to work on project teams.
- Capable of working independently and delivering appropriate and timely feedback to management and team members as required.
- Strong desire to learn and teach.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: TBD but likely 20% or less
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English Composition, Public Relations, or related field required.
- 5-7 years experience in internal or external communications is required.
- Experience writing/developing content in a corporate or agency setting.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Analytical thinker who can derive insights from data to improve process and campaigns
Depending on Candidate’s qualifications we may fill at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.