LPN - Float Pool (Days)Louisville, Kentucky
$35 / Hour
Are you ready to join our LPN/LVN Float Pool? Receive the benefit of travel-pay without having to travel more than 30 miles! You’ll enjoy the opportunity to work with different teammates across hospitals while benefitting from a shared culture, processes and protocols.
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day. What makes Kindred Hospitals a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our caregivers answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Job Summary: Under direct supervision of Registered Nurse, the Float Pool LPN/LVN provides nursing care within the scope of licensure for assigned patients, across the specified hospital market, according to established nursing standards and hospital policies and procedures.
This role will require local travel to all Kindred Hospitals within a designated market, within approximately a 30 mile radius. Reporting structure includes Administrative reporting the othe Area Staffing Program Manager, and clinically to assigned location’s clinical leadership, supported by the Workforce Management Clinical Manager.
Under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse administers medication, performs treatments and patient care responsibilities as prescribed. Consults with and keeps Registered Nurse informed of activities, symptoms, reactions, and changes in the patient’s condition with regard to assigned patients.
- Provides appropriate pain management techniques and educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Administers medication following the five rights of medication administration within scope of practice.
- Assists with the rehabilitation and treatment of patients in accordance with the medical plan of care, updates, and revises plan of care under the supervision of Registered Nurse.
- Assists physicians with examinations, treatments and special procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with Social Services/Discharge Planner regarding both in-hospital and post discharge needs.
- Interprets data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Graduate of an accredited program for licensed vocational/practical nurses.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse License.
- BLS Certification required.
- Intravenous Therapy and Blood Certifications preferred.
- Minimum one year prior experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.