Internal AuditorLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for an Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit Department in Louisville, Kentucky.
Participates in and/or coordinates all phases of the audit process including defining the audit scope based on risk, evaluating control design and adequacy, testing to ensure adherence with established policies and internal controls and communicating issues and recommendations to management. Conducts financial, operational, and compliance audits, and internal controls compliance testing to ensure the accuracy of financial statements and to mitigate financial, operational, and compliance risks to the Company through the reporting of audit results in a timely manner.
Essential Functions: (Those functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation).
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal policies and controls that safeguard company assets and ensure financial statement accuracy, operational effectiveness, and regulatory compliance.
- Develops audit scope and objectives, analysis and testing procedures using a risk-based approach; completes audit test plans, programs, and workpapers.
- Conducts and documents testing according to department policies, standards, and best business practices.
- Discusses audit results with auditees and audit management throughout the audit; at the conclusion of each audit, conducts exit conferences to present audit results to management to promote constructive change and offer value added solutions.
- Prepares clear, concise, and objective audit reports of issues, observations, and recommendations for management’s consideration; ensures the adequacy of management’s corrective action plans.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with audit team, auditees, and management.
- Meets assigned audit project deadlines and achieves planned objectives; routinely communicates project status to management.
- Stays abreast of company initiatives, business operations, and control processes.
- Maintains and expands knowledge of emerging healthcare, accounting, and auditing trends, concepts, and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of accounting/auditing theory and practices and financial analysis and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of data analytics, internal control procedures, healthcare, and patient accounting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail necessary to conduct complete and accurate audits.
- Problem-solving skills; ability to identify business risks and efficiency improvements.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of an audit team. Foster a team environment with collaborative working relationships.
- Demonstrated organization, and administrative skills.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Excel and PowerPoint. Microsoft Access and SAP system experience is desirable.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 15%
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or related field with significant accounting concentration.
- Master's degree or other advanced education is preferred.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or CMA certification preferred.
- 2+ years experience in public accounting, auditing or financial management.
- 2-4 years experience in accounting, auditing or finance.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.