Echocardiogram TechnologistLouisville, Kentucky
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As an Echocariagram Technologist you will:
- Produce two dimensional echocardiogram ultrasonic recordings of internal organs for use by Physician in diagnosis of disease and study of malfunction of organs.
- Performs echocardiogram ultrasonic diagnostic procedures of specified body areas by properly positioning patients and locating/scanning areas for interpretation as directed by the physician or radiologist.
- Explains procedures to patients and/or family members ensuring cooperation and optimum test results to reduce anxiety.
- Performs ultrasonic diagnostic procedures of specified body areas by properly positioning patients and locating/scanning areas for interpretation as directed by the physician or radiologist.
- Explains procedures to patients and/or family members ensuring cooperation and optimum test results and to reduce anxiety.
- Develops film using automatic film processing equipment and assembles all necessary patient information (i.e., history and past films/records). Delivers to Radiologist/Physician for interpretation/review following established procedures.
- Prepares or cleans patient rooms by changing linens, stocking supplies, wiping off tables and cleaning equipment, ensuring an efficient and clean working environment.
- Assists physicians with such procedures as needle biopsies, renal biopsies, etc. by scanning patient, marking patient’s body and determining angle of puncture as requested.
- Schedules patients as needed and ensures patients receive adequate service.
- Maintains patient information by purging or updating patient film jackets and/or filing reports or film files to ensure accurate patient records.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment by performing scheduled cleanings/tests and documents results. Contacts service personnel and notifies supervision of malfunctioning equipment.
- Performs other related duties as directed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
As an Echocardiogram Technologist you will have:
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Registration through the ARDMS (Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) is preferred.
- Two (2) years of Ultrasound experience is preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.