Division Vice President Strategic SourcingLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Division Vice President of Strategic Sourcing to join our Supply Chain Team. This will be a remote position.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Supply Chain and as a member of the Supply Chain leadership team, you will work with peers and cross-functional leaders to develop cohesive strategies and the supporting tactical plans that will transform the business and deliver superior value. You will be experienced in managing teams while working hands-on, where necessary, to develop and deliver upon key clinical, operational, and financial metrics that enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals.
The Division Vice President of Strategic Sourcing will possess: best-in-class knowledge of strategic sourcing, category management, supplier engagement and negotiation strategies, contracting process, and ongoing supplier relationship management; experience building and leading a high-performing team of sourcing professionals demonstrating the stakeholder engagement and management skills required to drive contract implementation and adoption across the organization; ability to evaluate, analyze, and implement integrated processes and systems designed to create spend visibility, conduct price benchmarking, identlfy cost management opportunities, and faciltitate ongoing value tracking;and capacity to develop and implement pricing, standardization, and utilization initiatives that result in significant improvements in financial terms in addition to enhanced service, quality, and consistency of service and supplies. Success will be achieved by developing the people, processes, and technology that deliver the highest quality and reliability of products and services at the lowest possible complexity and cost.
Essential Functions: (Those functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation).
- Strategy Development: assist in the ongoing evolution of a unified department strategy that is aligned with and supports organizational strategies and determine the necessary tactics, investments, and change management required to execute. Effectively communicate a credible vision for a center-led, supply chain operating system that captures the hearts and minds of those from whom you need support in order to be successful.
- People Leadership: foster a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive workplace while providing leadership and ongoing performance management and talent development for a direct team having responsibilities that include: category planning and strategic sourcing, contract management, supplier management and market innovation, and clinical utilization. Challenge supply chain operations, content management and business analytics, clinical, operational, and finance colleagues to realize superior value though insights provided by the people, processes, and tools within your oversight.
- Category Planning and Strategic Sourcing: identify, prioritize, and execute strategic sourcing initiatives to drive savings and create value from all categories of addressable spend. Structure spend analysis to drive discussion and alignment with key stakeholders and enable informed decision-making. Determine specifications and requirements for products and services and leverage market intelligence, TCO analysis, and modern negotiation methodologies to arrive at the best quality product or service at the lowest possible cost.
- Contract Management: lead negotiations and implementation of contractual agreements in partnership with internal stakeholders and legal council. Create contracts that capture the results of sourcing initiatives while minimizing and protecting the organization from future business risks. Develop mature contract approval and exception processes and communication methods to educate end-users about new contracts as well as processes required to track and monitor ongoing compliance. Utilize technology solutions to provide the necessary visibilty and management oversight of the contract lifecyle.
- Supplier Management and Market Innovation: establish world-class vendor relationship management practices and build policies, procedures, and cadence for reviewing supplier performance against contracted service levels and business expectations. Ensure team is positioned to anticipate and minimize performance issues via creation, monitoring, and reporting of key performance indicators. When performance issues emerge, drive to an efficient resolution by working across all internal and external stakeholders to jointly develop remediation plans. Continue to assess market trends and conditions to identify new risks and opportunities.
- Clinical Utilization: work collaboratively with the GPO as well as internal clinical and operational stakeholders to maximize contract compliance, drive vendor/SKU standardization and consolidation to preferred formularies, and develop demand management strategies that address the drivers of consumption and target opportunities for reduction.
- Candidate will exhibit a high degree of focus while maintaining flexibility, being self-demanding and proactive while assessing and anticipating risk, and able to self-motivate as well as engage and motivate a direct team while influencing key business stakeholders.
- Essential leadership skills including: project and time management, persuasiveness while facilitating and building consensus, and ability to build and maintain internal relationships and drive alignment around strategies and initiatives with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Expertise in strategic sourcing, category management, contract negotiation and management, supplier performance management, and clinical utilization.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with spend analytics, e-sourcing, price benchmarking technologies, and contract management systems.
- Track record of year-over-year delivery of quantifiable value driven through price, standardization, utilization, and demand management initiatives.
- Past success with process optimization and continuous improvement initiatives. Certification in Lean methodologies and belt certication (white, yellow, green, black) preferred.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of leadership; demonstrating a professional image.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in a Business or Healthcare-related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Healthcare-related field preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience working across multiple business units/locations driving standardization and best practices across sites as well as building and leading a direct team of professionals.
Depending on Candidate’s qualifications, we may fill at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.