Division Vice President, Controller, Hospital DivisionLouisville, Kentucky
The DVP Controller will provide leadership of the accounting functions for the
Kindred Specialty Hospital Division with annual revenue of over $1.9
The DVP Controller must be an experienced financial leader who is able to implement effective financial policies and processes, controls, and reporting systems; effectively manage the internal and external audit process and ensure
The DVP Controller will report directly to the Specialty Hospital Chief Financial Officer and lead the finance accounting team supporting the long-term acute care hospitals, acute rehab units and subacute units.
- Oversee the divisions financial and operating control function including all aspects of profit center accounting and control, cost and operation analysis, and administrative systems and procedures in adherence with prescribed Corporate and Division policies. Recommends changes in policies and procedures as appropriate. Ensure the integrity of all financial and regulatory reporting, controls, processes, and systems.
- Ensure a financially disciplined and systematic financial reporting and long-term planning process including providing periodic estimates and long-range financial and operational forecasts for the Division.
- Select, develop, lead, and mentor a high-performance accounting and finance team, providing necessary training and development as part of continued career advancement within the organization. Ensure appropriate monitoring and analysis of Division s financial position
- Directs the month, quarter, and year-end accounting close processes to maintain integrity of the Division s financial statements.
- Coordinates the annual incentive compensation and merit increase programs with Support Center staff to ensure effective implementation, compliance, and timely and accurate payment.
- Coordinate with both internal and external auditors and provide appropriate information to assure complete and beneficial reviews and compliance with SOX.
- Formulate, recommend, and implement policies and programs that enable the Division to recognize economic opportunities and realize maximum benefits from such opportunities.
- Develop internal and external presentations related to financial position and performance of major business initiatives.
- Participate as a key member of the senior leadership team, actively involved in analyzing, and forecasting, major strategic initiatives, operations, and financial reporting issues.
- Provide advice and counsel on financial matters, including strategies and
solutions. Drive decisions throughout the organization using key
performance indicator reports, metrics and analysis compiled by working
closely with Operations.
- Lead and/or significantly contribute to all executive presentations reporting performance of the division, including monthly and quarterly operations reviews, budget presentations, and Board of Directors updates
- Provide Revenue Cycle leadership in evaluating and accurately reflecting status and collectability of Accounts Receivable on division balance sheet, while implementing solutions to maximize collections and reduce days sales outstanding.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance is required.
- MBA/CPA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience including at least 2 years in a senior financial management role.
Depending on a candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.