Division Vice President, Assistant Counsel, Strategic TransactionsLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Division Vice President, Assistant Counsel, Strategic Transactions for ScionHealth. We prefer a candidate who will work out of the ScionHealth Support Center in Louisville, KY, but we are open to a remote hire.
Provides legal counsel and advice on strategic transactions, mergers and acquisitions and other key transactions across ScionHealth, a large for-profit health care provider company with Short-Term Acute Care Hospitals (STACHs) and Long-Term Acute Care Hospitals (LTACHs) in 25 states. Position supports ScionHealth’s Business Development as in-house lead for M&A transactions, coordinating with internal stakeholders, outside counsel, advisors and opposing counsel. Position reports to the EVP and General Counsel. Office is located at the corporate headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky; other worksites and hybrid work arrangements are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Lead legal project management for mergers and acquisitions, investments and other strategic transactions at all stages, from drafting and negotiating term sheets, letters of intent and definitive transaction documents to supporting closing transactions and post-closing integration.
- Partner with ScionHealth Development team and other executives to provide strategic counsel on deal structure, business and legal issues and risks.
- Work with Development team and other departments within the company to conduct and coordinate due diligence efforts around strategic investments, licensing, partnerships, real estate and M&A transactions.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts typical for the health care provider sector, including simple license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, supply and master services agreements.
- Provide counsel to executive management and operators on terms of existing ventures and investments.
- Leadership: Motivates, instructs and monitors team performance to ensure high quality, consistent and collaborative legal / risk management services.
- Independent Decision Making: Manages day-to-day legal/risk management services within established policies, procedures and processes. Exercises independent decision-making with respect to matters arising in the normal course, appropriately identifies and escalates high-impact matters posing significant risk.
- Problem Solving: Able to solve complex, ill-defined problems with light decision support.
- Communications: Effectively communicates complex information to business line leaders, facility leadership and employees, skilled at presenting to diverse audiences and can negotiate, motivate and persuade others both orally and in writing. Exercises discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 25 percent.
- Juris Doctor degree
- Admission to a State Bar, admission in Kentucky may be required upon hire
- Eight (8) plus years experience, including a minimum of 3 years experience providing legal services in the health industry; must demonstrate advanced competency in health care transactions and solid understanding of health care regulatory/fraud and abuse issues.
Estimate Salary Range: $165,000-$185,000
Depending on candidate’s qualifications, we may fill this at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.