Director, Financial Systems Development, Data Warehouse and BILouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting a Director, Financial Systems Development - Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence to join our Information Systems Department. This role will reside in Louisville, KY.
Oversees and directs the policies, procedures, and activities of IS teams in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the enterprise data warehouse.
This position will have a management role in developing Kindred’s enterprise data warehouse. In addition, this position will be responsible for managing a staff of database analysts and programmer analysts. Also, this position will assist in setting and measuring departmental goals. A very good technical understanding of modern and current data warehouse tools and techniques is required. This position will require project management skills across functional departments while managing expectations and setting priorities. This position will also interact with other teams in Information Systems. It is required that the Director have a solid business background as well as a proven behavioral skill-set (problem solving, decision making, analytical skills, leadership, project management).
This role, also known as Director, Data Warehouse Development in Kindred’s environment, will not have the traditional/historical role that exists within the mainframe environment. Due to the type of environment that distinguishes Kindred from other Healthcare Provider’s, this individual will lead teams in cutting edge solutions that integrate the business solution (application) with technology. To be successful, requires not only advanced knowledge in the technical arena but the ability to analyze various business processes.
The tool sets that this position will use include: multi-dimensional and relational database systems, data propagation tools, performance monitoring tools, data modeling tools, reporting tools, statistical analysis, web-enabled access, prototyping for end-user requirements, and project management software.
The Director of Data Warehouse Development has the freedom to act based on their expertise to develop systems design and solutions that fit with the overall IS System Architecture/Vision created by the CIO. This requires this individual to remain on the cutting edge of technology so that Kindred can continue to distinguish themselves from other Health Care Providers through technology.
- As a Director of Data Warehouse Development, this position will deal directly with the end users to understand their business needs, so that the developed solution meets their defined need.
- Direct other resources in determining and optimal design to develop a quality and professional application. This could take the form of a shadowing or mentoring role; the Director of Data Warehouse Development could represent the team on large projects, or perform a consultant role that team members could go to for technical direction.
- Oversee and manage the administration of the function assigned, including full budget and staff responsibility. Ensure employees receive training, development, coaching, and motivation for effective performance and retention.
- Exceptional logic and reasoning abilities, and capacity to deal with many projects and strategies simultaneously.
- Excellent detail skills to track budgets.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven management skills to deal with managers and staff in complex business situations with little scheduling latitude.
- Commitment to deadlines and deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Information systems or related field.
- 10+ years computer systems experience, including major project management with 3-5 years experience managing data warehousing projects. Prefer healthcare industry experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.