Director, Facilities ManagementLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for an experienced Director of Hospital Projects to join our team. This is a remote position with high travel.
You will work in a fast-paced environment with opportunities to learn, and the resources to develop a long-lasting and rewarding career. Locating in Louisville Kentucky is preferred, but not required--relocation assistance may be available for the ideal candidate.
- Works in conjunction with project management team to direct construction and infrastructure project management services for any of the 79 hospital campuses in 25 states--61 long-term acute care hospitals and 18 community hospital campuses and associated health systems.
- Provide leadership and organization skills on assigned projects/regions/practices.
- Ability to engage and coordinate work with the local hospital leadership team.
- Contribute to the growth of the company
- Enhance own professional and personal skills
- Meet assigned financial targets
- Directing all project management activities according to assigned local, region, or national assignment
- Maintain timelines within projects and provide updates
- Manage project budgets for subject properties and maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis
- Resolve a majority of the problems and communicate and/or consulate with DVP of facility management regarding issues or overruns
- Oversee project implementation and execution through completion of construction and final review by state agencies
- Present plan options and construction process to hospital leadership to best deliver project results
- Oversee capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources
- Develop project budget including hard costs and soft costs and firm knowledge of construction cost/benefit analysis.
- Provide technical support; project budgeting and scheduling including Owner’s goals & objectives, site improvements, entitlements & permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports.
- Assemble and manage required teams of consultants and contractors.
- Negotiate contracts with each vendor
- Interface with architects, engineers, hospital leadership, property managers and vendors
- Maintain client relationships and manage conflict resolution
- Provide appropriate level of on-site visits/supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Develop relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk.
- Assist Management Committee and Region Manager in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
- Ensure accurate management of all accounts receivables to maintain a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, Account finance team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
- A strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, scheduling and process as they relate to project management
- Ability to manage several medium and large infrastructure projects, major re-development projects, & corporate interiors projects
- Skill and interest in business development a strong plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional manner and computer literacy
- Flexibility with work hours and ability to travel as needed
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Project software
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in managing hospital design and construction of multiple projects across a broad geography (OSHPD experience is beneficial)
- Experience leading and running numerous projects simultaneously
- Experience working with hospital leadership
- Considerable experience in hospital projects preferred
Depending on candidate’s abilities, we may fill this at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.