Director, Clinical Laboratory Services, Hospital DivisionLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Director, Clinical Laboratory Services to join our Company. This position may be remotely based.
Provides support, guidance, and clinical expertise and consultation for Kindred’s hospital laboratory services. Serves as the company’s knowledge expert in laboratory regulatory and accreditation standards, professional practice, administrative functions, operational systems, laboratory methodologies, instrumentation, products and equipment.
- Participates in planning and creating operational, service design and other organizational plans and policies to achieve the mission and vision of hospital laboratory services.
- Develops, designs and provides policies and procedures that guide and support the provision and integration of services according to the mission and vision of hospital laboratory services.
- Directs the coordination and integration of hospital laboratory services with other departments and hospital primary functions.
- Communicates and promotes effective and efficient laboratory services practices, processes, systems and operational plans to key clinical leadership.
- Participates in hospital and departmental performance improvement activities to measure and assess the quality of services provided.
- Serves as an expert resource for company leadership in the areas of laboratory accreditation and regulation, proficiency testing, competencies, quality control oversight and quality assurance testing.
- Provides consultative services to Kindred facilities’ laboratories/functions in performance of tests in fields of microbiology, chemistry, histology, hematology, immunohematology, and seriology.
- Reviews and analyzes documents such as licenses, certifications and quality control data to assess compliance to the appropriate certification, licensing, and/or accrediting standards, Kindred policies and other licensing agency requirements.
- Conducts thorough laboratory quality review surveys and periodic audits to ensure consistency and compliance with laboratory services, practices, regulation and accreditation standards utilizing appropriate Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), College of American Pathologists (CAP), or Joint Commission regulatory and accreditation requirements. Assesses the accuracy and completeness of the facility’s Periodic Performance Review (PPR), proficiency testing and quality control procedures.
- Assesses needs, establishes revisions and supports laboratory services practices, processes and systems as it relates to hospital populations.
- Works collaboratively with Clinical Operations, hospital laboratory managers, directors and executives as appropriate to provide educational programs, tools and processes for orientation, in-service training and continuing education to ensure qualified and competent laboratory staff to provide quality services.
- Assists facilities in developing effective Corrective Action Plans to address non-compliance issues and in the completion of thorough and credible Periodic Performance Review self-assessments.
- Provides technical expertise and consultation regarding laboratory services instrumentation, tools, protocols, methodologies and documentation.
- Evaluates laboratory services products and equipment for value regarding quality and cost effectiveness and makes recommendations.
- Develops field task forces with Laboratory Managers and clinical leaders.
- Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate systems, processes, policies and procedures for the patient population served.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact .
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of laboratory practices, processes, systems, CAP and CLIA regulatory, licensing and certification standards, Joint Commission accreditation standards and performance improvement methods.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements regarding products and patient information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationship skills with team and field.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, appropriate prioritization and time management skills. Independent decision-making skills.
- Ability to travel at 75%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist License; Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized agency/board.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ progressively-responsible Clinical laboratory supervisory experience in active laboratory services program; prefer experience in multi-hospital program or system management; Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospital experience a plus.
Depending on a candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.