Director, Business IntelligenceLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Director, Business Intelligence to join our Hospital Division Finance team in Louisville, Kentucky.
We are looking for flexible individuals who have a strategic viewpoint and are able to grow as we grow our data warehouse and Business Intelligence capabilities. The Director, Business Intelligence solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Director, Business Intelligence will work with multiple facets of the operation requiring an understanding of business objectives from multiple points of view. The Director, Business Intelligence requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the function or segment, and can be hands on, as well as working with teams of analysts with disparate reporting relationships.
The Director, Business Intelligence describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Decisions are typically related to the implementation of new/updated programs or large-scale projects for the function and supporting technical/operational procedures and processes, and implements strategic plans, drives goals and objectives, and improves performance.
- Provide strong analytical support and guidance for sales, managed care, finance, operations, and executive teams through analysis and reporting
- Knowledgeable in process improvement and metrics development
- Knowledgeable in regulations governing health care industries
- Prior Leadership Experience in a matrixed or multi-stakeholder environment
- Ability to understand strategic business goals and anticipate needs in order to communicate priorities and requirements in technical terms to BI team for implementation
- Skilled with using advanced SQL techniques and BI visualization tools
- Direct and/or assist in the statistical analysis on experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns, possibly to include robotics process automation (RPA) and/or predictive modeling
- Work with the team to design experiments and methodologies to generate and collect data for business use
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with Business Users, IT, and other business teams
- Effectively write, present and communicate research results with recommendations to leadership across the organization
- Working knowledge of productivity tools used in a healthcare production environment such as revenue cycle, insurance follow-up, admissions intake or insurance verification
- Experience with analytical techniques used for data analysis and exploration
- Experience using SQL and other query builder tools for analysis including collecting, assembling, cleansing and formatting data, and validation of results
- Experience using any statistical software package (R preferred, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis - knowledge of SAP Analytics, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP ROAMBI, Microsoft Power BI, or similar products such as MicroStrategy is a plus
- Experience with effectively writing, presenting and communicating research results to other teams.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of technical experience in data analysis and intelligence
- 5 or more years of leading and managing BI teams
- LEAN/Six Sigma certification is a plus
Depending on candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.