Cyber Security EngineerLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a CyberSecurity Engineer to join our Kindred Cyber Security Team in Louisville, Kentucky.
A well-qualified candidate will be responsible for the analysis and response to 3rd level security events. This will require knowledge for working information security alerts though the use of a Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) to triage, mitigate, and escalate issues as needed while capturing essential details and artifacts. On-call responsibilities will be required. The candidate will need to demonstrate proficiency with the tools and processes mentioned in the Knowledge/Skills/Abilities section.
- Act as liaison with solution owners and IT groups to ensure understanding of security principles
- Possess strong analytical, collaborative, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Possess strong written and oral interpersonal skills
- Able to collaborate with members of the Kindred Information Security department, application owners, software architects, and administrators.
- Ability to form complex communications/messages in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various group and departments within the organization
- Ability to work independently as needed.
- Stay informed on attacks and vulnerabilities on all types of systems, including all Microsoft Windows system, AIX, Linux, Cisco IOS, Apple OS X and audit compliance of Vulnerability Management Program
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a high level of technical knowledge of security platforms including:
- Palo Alto Next Generation firewalls
- Sourcefire IPS/Sourcefire AMP
- Cisco ASA firewalls
- Proofpoint email protection
- Carbon Black Response
- Qradar SIEM
- Netskope CASB
- Symantec DLP
- Investigate security incidents through log analysis, interviewing, evidence collection and preservation, and forensics. • Utilize sensor data and correlated logs containing IDS/IPS, Antivirus, Windows events, web, and similar data to establish context and Identify false-positives and false-negatives.
- Perform security analysis on hosts running on a variety of platforms and operating systems, to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows, Mac Operating System (OS), UNIX, Linux, and mainframes
- Candidates will be expected to have enough familiarity with security systems and principles, and be able to function interchangeably within a team of engineers to support a cross functional approach within a highly complex and interconnected networked environment.
- Utilize sensor data and correlated logs containing IDS/IPS, Antivirus, Windows events, web, and similar data to establish context and identify false-positives and false-negatives.
- Perform analysis on hosts running on a variety of platforms and operating systems, to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows, Mac Operating System (OS), UNIX, Linux, and mainframes
- Candidates will be expected to have enough familiarity with multiple systems that they can function interchangeably within a team of engineers and support a cross functional approach to resolving issues within a highly complex and interconnected networked environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity or a related field.
- Relevant experience may be substituted in some cases
- Desired: Certifications such as: CISSP Security Essentials – SEC401 GIAC GCIH/GCIA Hacker Guard: Security Baseline Training – SEC464 CEH
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a cybersecurity discipline at a senior level
- Experience working security events as a cybersecurity engineer events in a team environment.
- Review of network controls such as firewall rules.
- Ability to consult with IT stakeholders as needed
Depending on a candidate's qualifications, we may fill this position at a different level.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.