COVID-19 Disease InvestigatorLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting a COVID-19 Communicable Disease Investigator to join Lacuna Health. This is a work from home position that can be located anywhere in the continental United States. Equipment is provided.
This is a Full-Time position that will work 40 hours per week over a Monday-Sunday schedule. There is an eight (8) hour shift minimum per day.
The Lacuna Health COVID-19 Communicable Disease Investigator is responsible for investigating situations and individuals who have come in contact with a patient who has tested positive for COVID-19. The Investigator will interview patients to help them recall all individuals they may have had close contact with during the time they may have been infectious while providing the highest level of professionalism, calm, and empathy. The Investigator will then update the case management system to allow the Contact Tracer to begin follow-up with the individuals that patient was in contact with. The Investigator will report any individuals not conforming to testing or self-quarantine and conduct further research to uncover unreported cases.
- Locates individuals who are reported to have COVID-19 or have been in contact with a patient infected with COVID-19 and directs said individuals to resources for testing
- Maintain trust and provide calm and professional demeanor to help patients recall individuals they may have been in contact with and their specific locations
- Updates case management system for Contact Tracers and Daily Patient Monitors to begin their follow-up process
- Completes initial patient assessments
- Conducts investigations to discover unreported cases
- Maintains records of patients not-conforming to program
- Provides individual reports on procedures and patients as instructed
- Provide daily monitoring of symptoms and follow-up calls to patients not adhering to program and provide additional education and information
- Maintains accurate data and reporting for documentation system
- Meet specified goals and objectives as assigned by management on a regular basis
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information at all times
- Adhere to the prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct
- Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new software applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to provide calm and professional communications with customers
- Professional, articulate voice
- Understand and adhere to all HIPAA and PHI privacy laws
- Ability to multi-task in several computer applications while holding a conversation with a customer
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- Associate's Degree or current student or graduate from a college of public health, medical science, college of nursing or related degree.
- 3+ years acute or post-acute healthcare experience. Background in telephonic call center strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual skills highly desired especially Spanish, Nepali, Kinyarwanda.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.