Corporate Facility Management ConsultantLouisville, Kentucky | Nashville, Tennessee | Franklin, Tennessee
Corporate Facilities Management Consultant
Kindred Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
Kindred Rehabilitation Services is dedicated to Hope, Healing and Recovery for all of the patients we serve. We are continuing our mission to provide Inpatient Rehabilitation Services with leading healthcare organizations all over the country in Joint Venture Partnerships. We are excited to expand our team and we are seeking a Corporate Facilities Management Consultant.
The Corporate Facilities Management Consultant will be a direct employee of Kindred Healthcare, and will: Work closely with the Senior Director of Facility Management, Corporate Quality Department, hospital Facilities Management departments and hospital executives to ensure initial and continuous survey readiness as related to the physical environment at all hospitals. Position is responsible for providing management oversight for all corporate standardized compliance programs in new/existing hospital locations and provides support for new hospital implementation. Provides regular reports and updates on progress to milestones, key issues, and timely decisions as needed.
- Serves as the key resource and supports Facilities Management departments across the company.
- Develops, implements standardized Environment of Care, Life Safety and Emergency Management programs within the company. Acts as the subject matter expert.
- Oversight of preventative and predictive maintenance systems for facilities, continuously improving productivity, reliability, and costs.
- Actively promote Facilities Management teams through training of employees to build required individual and team capabilities.
- Implements and promotes efficiency improvement projects for all hospitals.
- Helps maintain objectives and targets for all Facilities Management departments and employees based on company goals. Ensures proper execution to meet expected outcomes.
- Provides implementation support at start-up of new hospitals; sets up the required documentation programs and acts as a resource for hospital leadership.
- Provides leadership for Facilities Management teams and ensures alignment with all corporate Facilities Management standards and practices.
- Assists as necessary with annual operating and capital budgets for the hospitals, ensuring proper controls and appropriate improvement plans are in place.
- Performs audits and mock surveys to support facility compliance standards.
- Reviews findings and develops action plans with Facilities Management managers and hospital executives in response to planned and unplanned regulatory surveys.
- Acts as liaison to the planning, design and construction team.
- Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Assists with the coordination of building space allocation, layout and communication services.
- Acts as a support mechanism to direct maintenance personnel and workers engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair and preventive maintenance.
- Drives and enforces use of structured problem solving and statistical analysis within the daily work of Facilities Management teams.
- Able to effectively support, work with and through other departments as required to meet company objectives.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must possess an in-depth working knowledge of hospital facility management and regulatory compliance.
- Must have demonstrated experience working across multiple locations
- Must exhibit project management capabilities with demonstrated prior experience.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing the growth of facilities and developing the necessary facilities teams to support growth and efficiency.
- Must have prior experience managing the environmental health and safety function and personnel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity tools such as Word, Excel and Power Point. Additional preference for knowledge and use of project management/computerized maintenance management software systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Education:Preferred graduate of a four-year degree program in facility management, engineering or closely related field
- Licenses/Certifications: Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM), Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP), or Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional (CHEP)
- Experience: 5-10 years of experience as Facilities Manager, Director of Facilities and/or Safety Officer in a hospital setting
- Travel Requirements: 75% Nationwide
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.