Client Virtualization, Associate Systems Programmer - RemoteLouisville, Kentucky
LifePoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities.We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
- Installs and configures hardware and software products on supported systems.
- Uses statistical tools to monitor system performance and resource utilization of installed systems, and project impact of future system. Uses system-monitoring tools to optimize system performance and perform degradation analysis.
- Adapts and quickly assimilates new system and network architectures as they are introduced within the company.
- Develops and documents operational procedures for supported systems, including development of dialogs and user interfaces appropriate to the end user of the systems developed.
- Provides 24/7 on call support for supported systems. Troubleshoots, coordinates, assists and advises in recovery from component failures of supported systems.
- Provides administrative support for development systems, including requirements for maintaining the environment for program development, user account maintenance, and the logistics of software turnover and release distribution.
- Ensures that systems are patched to current level, and are in compliance with company security guidelines.
- Installs, configures, and provides ongoing administrative and technical support for various local area networking products such as, VMware Horizon Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows Server, and VMware vSphere.
- Assists in technology evaluations. Develops technical drawings that illustrate abstract technical concepts, architectures, infrastructures, and strategies.
- Supports end users while maintaining service level agreements with the business units.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of abstract operating system and networking concepts, including the use of interrupts, device control, program loading, task dispatching, reentrancy, and storage management.
- Have a working knowledge of network operating systems in general.
- Working knowledge of system dialogue and scripting languages for developing macros, scripts, etc. on a variety of systems.
- May require knowledge of systems specifically in use at Lifepoint.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in IS with 1 year in a technical support area.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.