Centralized Coder - RemoteLouisville, Kentucky
Full Time Remote Centralized Coder Opportunity!
Responsible for coding for Lifepoint Acute Rehabilitation Units.
- Works remotely to code ARU records using current ICD coding version and within timeframe set by supervisor.
- Maintains coding schedule as assigned by the HIM Area Director.
- Works closely with the Program Director (or designee) in assigning the Impairment Code for all admissions as well as other newly diagnosed conditions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient care information to ensure patient rights are protected.
- Participates in continuing education classes and training programs.
- Completes annual health, safety and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff calls.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Works within the mission, vision, ethics and goals of the organization.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to physicians, hospital employees and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows organizational and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follows organizational policies in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to supervisor.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in LifePoint’s Code of Conduct, LifePoint policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Appropriate telephone communication skills.
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Good general health and stress coping ability. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. Normal walking, standing, sitting, bending, carrying of light items such as books and papers and computer related work. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
- RHIT (or eligible) or RHIA (or eligible) or coding certification (CCA, CCS) by AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) or coding certification (CPC, CIC) by AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders).
- Minimum two years current experience in inpatient rehabilitation hospital coding (UB04 and IRF PAI).
- Proficient in inpatient rehabilitation coding as evidenced in passing the inpatient rehab coding test with >95% accuracy.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.