Associate Internal Auditor - Hybrid Louisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for an Associate Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit Department in Louisville, Kentucky.
This is a Hybrid position
Under the direction of audit management and senior staff, participates in all phases of the audit process including evaluating control design and adequacy, testing to ensure adherence with established policies and internal controls, and communicating issues and recommendations to management. Conducts financial, operational, and compliance audits, and internal controls compliance testing to ensure the accuracy of financial statements and to mitigate financial, operational, and compliance risks to the Company.
Essential Functions: (Those functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation).
- Under the direction of audit management and senior staff, evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal policies and controls that safeguard company assets and ensure financial statement accuracy, operational effectiveness, and regulatory compliance.
- Assists senior staff in the development and execution of a risk-based audit plan for each assigned audit project. Planning includes developing objectives, procedures, data analytics, and defining the scope using a risk-based approach; creates and completes audit test plans, programs, and workpapers.
- Conducts and documents testing according to department policies, standards, and best business practices.
- Participates in discussions of audit results with auditees, management, and senior staff throughout the audit; at the conclusion of each audit, participates in exit conferences to present audit results to management to promote constructive change and offer value added solutions.
- Prepares clear, concise, and objective audit reports of issues, observations, and recommendations for management’s consideration; ensures the adequacy of management’s corrective action plans.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with audit team, auditees, and management.
- Meets assigned audit project deadlines and achieves planned objectives; routinely communicates project status to management.
- Stays abreast of company initiatives, business operations, and control processes.
- Basic knowledge of accounting/auditing theory and practices.
- Experience analyzing large data sets and using advanced Excel skills.
- Basic knowledge of internal control procedures, healthcare, or patient accounting.
- Tech savvy individual with knowledge and interest in information technology preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail necessary to conduct complete and accurate audits.
- Organization and administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision when necessary.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 15%
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or related field with significantaccounting concentration.
- 1-2 years of experience in an accounting related field, auditing, or financial analysis. Will consider recent graduates with relevant course work and internships.
Depending on candidate’s qualifications, we may fill at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.