Area Staffing Program ManagerLouisville, Kentucky
Kindred Healthcare is committed to a culture of service excellence as demonstrated by our employees’ adherence to the service excellence principles of Pride, Teamwork, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Fun, Professionalism, and Responsibility. Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer and employee we serve.
Oversees the management, maintenance and coordination of the Remote Staffing Coordinators and Internal agency staffing program. Serves as leader for interviewing and hiring for all Internal Agency and Staffing Coordinators with the assistance of the Talent Acquisitions team, as well as communicates with Human Resources and Clincial Leadership regarding any coaching and/or disciplinary needs for the Remote Staffing and Internal Agency teams. Acts as a liaison between hospital administration and Remote Staffing team to determine the staffing needs of each facility, as well as assist with tracking of temporary contract labor for hospitals served and providing reports to Senior Leaders Promotes a positive team environment by providing guidance and support and encouraging superior performance.
- Oversees the Remote Staffing program including Staffing Coordinators and Internal Agency staff.
- Reviews the daily assignment distribution of internal agency personnel toensure that assignments are accurate based on skill sets required and communicated in a timely manner.
- Promotes consistency in best practices and protocols across an onsite/virtual team.
- Reports staffing problems and unusual situations to CCO and Workforce Management Leadership keeps her/him informed of situations requiring follow up or immediate attention.
- Provides leadership in difficult staffing solutions, including dealing with understaffing, solving disputes, counseling employees and administering disciplinary procedures in conjunction with the designated Human Resources representative.
- Oversees the accuracy of the Internal Agency and Staffing Coordinators payroll time sheets and initiates changes and correction as necessary.
- Assures correct usage of online staffing tools to assure consistency, reduce overtime, contract labor, and maintain master schedules.
- Assures all premium shift pay is in accordance to established practice.
- Completes and maintains 90 day and annual evaluations for all Staffing Coordinators.
- Provides leadership to minimize use of contract agency staff and provides regular financial updates for area/region served.
- Promotes a positive team environment, providing guidance and support that encourages superior performance and high satisfaction.
- Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of team management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of employee relations or human resources management experience preferred.
- Healthcare and/or staffing experience required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.