Accounting Information System Specialist - KBHLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for an Accounting Information System Specialist to join our Behavioral Health Finance team.
Responsible for maintaining the financial reporting for the behavioral health division. Assist with operating budget functions for the division and maintaining budget software. Work with supply chain to setup purchasing at new facilities. The Accounting Information System Specialist must also demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills. Duties include analyzing and reconciling accounts, reviewing revenue reports, preparing financial statements, and analyzing profit and loss statements. Assists finance leader with special projects and ad hoc reports, and provides support for information requested by other departments.
Essential Functions: (Those functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation).
- Oversees month end financial closing process including financial statement preparation and distribution.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as requested by Senior Management
- Analyzes budget variances and provides feedback to facilities on strategies to improve performance
- Ensures accounting duties are performed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and with company accounting policies.
- Properly performs and utilizes SAP financial modules and any applicable systems required
- Managing AP and payroll process for specific facilities
- Prepares journal entries
- Analyzes and reconcile data posted in General Ledger for accuracy and integrity. Includes
- Prepares Balance Sheet Account reconciliations
- Performs ad-hoc and other analysis as requested by senior management
- Analyzed Revenue Cycle data and prepares entries from Medik, Pinpoint or other systems
- Prepares FTE reports. Analyzes provides feedback to facility leadership on variances.
- Assists in reviewing and posting adjustments submitted by 3rd parties
- Assists in the annual budget process. Utilizing budget software to create budgets, reports and analyze.
- Responsible for the timely completion and review of government mandates fillings
- Assist in year-end audits, year-end cost reporting, and year-end tax reporting
- Prepares balance sheet account analysis and ensures timely completion
- Performs special projects, analysis and other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate with IT/IS on crating and maintain reports
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 0%
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient with PowerPoint presentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 1 year accounting with Financial Analysis experience, preferably in a healthcare setting. Experience with SAP/Business Warehouse, Oracle/SmartView or other like software preferred.
Depending on Candidate's qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.