Account Resolution SpecialistLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for an Account Resolution Specialist to join our Central Business Office.
The Account Resolution Specialist will be responsible for supporting A/R resolution in our Central Business Office by effectively and efficiently researching claims and taking action with the insurance payers to achieve timely account adjudication. The ideal candidate has the ability to recognize and solve issues as appropriate, interpret contract terms to ensure accounts receivables are properly stated, in addition to writing and processing underpayment technical appeals.
- Review unpaid claims, research reasons for delay, and work with payers to resolve the issues
- Initiate collection follow-up of unpaid or denied claims
- Effectively follows up on appeals and resolves claim rejections, underpayments, and denials
- Research technical payer denials related to referral, pre-authorization, non-covered services, and billing resulting in denials and delays in payment; Initiate appeals with insurers appropriately
- Develop and submit detailed, customized appeals to payers based on review of denial, applicable records, and in accordance with payer guidelines as well as Kindred’s policies and procedures
- Review outstanding accounts and aging reports
- Processes adjustments when required
- Responsible for statusing of A/R
- Replies to insurance companies requests for additional documentation in a timely manner
- Communicates pertinent information to Business Office Director
- Track trending issues
- Work with multiple systems daily
- Review EOB’s to identify payment errors, denials and low reimbursement
- Make phone calls regularly to insurance companies for claim follow up
- Research account receivables for both Medicare and Non-Medicare collection
- Conduct thorough account research and analysis
- Recognize, reconcile and resolve account discrepancies
- Provide timely notation of action taken on patient accounts; process refunds to insurance carrier or patient; correct late charges; monitor insurance coding and effective/exhaust dates
- Responsible for identifying net revenue hits and pick-ups
- Responsible for underpayment variance reviews
- Responsible for identifying, logging, and effectively working denials
- Ability to read an insurance contract and monitor claims accordingly
- Demonstrate ability to research, analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to use independent judgment to recognize and solve issues
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and takes initiative
- Desire to make a positive impact with the ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities
- Team player with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Detail oriented, organized, and motivated
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in healthcare collections
Depending on candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.