Physical Therapist PRNLogan, West Virginia
Logan Regional Medical Center is currently seeking a Physical Therapist (PT) PRN. This Physical Therapist evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs and provides educational information to patients in regard to injury prevention, ergonomics, restorative therapy and rehabilitation therapy. The main responsibilities consist of the following:
- Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient according to his or her capabilities and desires.
- Plans, prepares and carries out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Directs and supervises physical therapy assistants, students, and other support personnel. Assesses competence, delegates specific tasks, and establishes channels of communication.
- Administers treatment involving application of physical agents, using equipment, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines.
- Evaluates, fits, and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommend modifications.
- Identifies and documents goals, anticipated progress and plans for reevaluation.
At Logan Regional Medical Center, we recognize that our patients deserve qualified, engaged, and competent employees. We know that our employees deserve a working environment that is safe, leaders who are visible and supportive, and opportunities to grow and develop. We have a positive, hopeful, and resilient leadership team that is solely focused on taking care of the heart of the people who work here. If you feel that your skills and compassion fit with our vision for person-centered care and evidence-based practice, and you would like to belong to a hospital family that only the best are invited to join, we invite you to apply today.Qualifications
Graduate of a Program in Discipline or Licensed Physical Therapist.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Physical Therapist License.
- West Virginia Physical Therapist License.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.