Operating Room (OR) Tech 1st Assist PRNLogan, West Virginia
Logan Regional Medical Center (LRMC) currently has a position for a Operating Room / Surgical Tech to work in our state-of-the art Surgical Services department performing the following duties:
- Provides direct assistance to the surgeon(s) during surgical procedures. Reports to: Director of Surgical Services
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning, and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings, and securing of drainage systems.
We have a very family-oriented, positive, friendly, and team supported staff who are willing to go the extra mile to help each other out. We are truly focused on patient care and our Directors and Managers are hands-on and provide excellent support to our team members and staff. Although we are a small facility, we do many in-house procedures at Logan Regional Medical Center. New adjustments in pay and incentives, plus our excellent and affordable benefits, PTO and Extended Illness Bank (EIB) are some of the many perks our employees enjoy.Qualifications
- Graduate of a Program in Discipline Required
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required to be obtained within 30 days of hire
- Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA)
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.