Nursing Assistant PRN (Med/Surg 5th floor)Logan, West Virginia
Logan Regional Medical Center currently has a position for a PRN Nurse Assistant to work in our Medical/Surgical department. This opportunity provides the ability to learn patient care with multiple kinds of patients. We are truly focused on patient care and our Directors and Managers are hands-on and provide excellent support to our team members and staff. The Nurse Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including monitoring vital signs, possibly taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including but not limited to bathing, grooming, eating, and ambulation.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms and common areas stocked, clean and orderly.
At Logan Regional Medical Center, we recognize that our patients deserve qualified, engaged, and competent employees. We know that our employees deserve a working environment that is safe, leaders who are visible and supportive, and opportunities to grow and develop. We have a positive, hopeful, and resilient leadership team that is solely focused on taking care of the heart of the people who work here. If you feel that your skills and compassion fit with our vision for person-centered care and evidence-based practice, and you would like to belong to a hospital family that only the best are invited to join, we invite you to apply today.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Graduate of a Program in Discipline Preferred
- WV Nurse Aide License Preferred
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Basic Life Support (BLS) required to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.