Licensed Practical Nurse PRN (ICU)Logan, West Virginia
Logan Regional Medical Center currently has a PRN day position for a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work in our state-of-the art ICU department. This LPN will help in ICU, ICCU, and IMCU. This is a great opportunity to learn and work with a lot of different types of patient care. The LPN will perform the following duties:
- Under the direction of an RN, contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by an RN.
- Performs plan of care interventions, including specimen collection and wound care.
- May administer medication.
- Documents patient care given.
- Assists RN with development of plan of care.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Monitors, documents, and communicates patient's status and reactions to interventions with RN, physician, patient, and families.
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being of the patient.
- As supervised and delegated by a registered nurse, provides direct patient care in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Reports to: Director of Intensive Care Unit.
At Logan Regional Medical Center, we recognize that our patients deserve qualified, engaged, and competent nurses. We know that our nurses deserve a working environment that is safe, leaders who are visible and supportive, and opportunities to grow and develop. We have a positive, hopeful, and resilient leadership team that is solely focused on taking care of the heart of the people who work here. If you feel that your skills and compassion fit with our vision for person-centered care and evidence-based practice, and you would like to belong to a hospital family that only the best are invited to join, we invite you to apply today.Qualifications
- Completion of program for Practical Nurses with an appropriate degree in Nursing and licensed as a Practical Nurse in the State of West Virginia renewed annually.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Licenses: WV Licensed Practical Nurse.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.