Case Manager (ER)Logan, West Virginia
Job #: 449790
Acting as a patient advocate, you will coordinate management of care, providing ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation, and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Whereas most companies only focus on one aspect of clinical care, our Case Managers are full cycle, working on the entire spectrum: from care planning to discharge planning. Join us and experience your best self and work growing and advancing in a highly caring, collaborative and fun environment.
What do you need to be a successful Case Manager at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
Kindred is a great company where you can continue to grow throughout the entire time you're here. You can even start as a CNA and work your way all the way up into management.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits & Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Logan Regional Medical is seeking a Case Manager (ER) to be responsible for the following:
- Monitors and manages patient care to promote continuity of care, optimal patient outcomes, patient satisfaction, cost efficiency, and compliance.
- Consults with nursing staff and multidisciplinary team regularly to evaluate patient's status and appropriateness of medical care, including admission, length of stay, transfer and discharge.
- Monitors patient and family satisfaction. Responds to questions and complaints from patients, family members, and payors regarding care.
- Participates in discharge planning including coordinating patient transfers to other facilities and coordinating community resources. Provides discharge education and resource referrals to patients.
- Performs chart review to identify actual or potential issues with service delivery, patient outcomes and satisfaction, compliance, cost, and reimbursement.
LRMC is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. We offer a full range of healthcare services in a modern and well-equipped facility. Our services include a 24/7 Emergency Department (Level 4 Trauma and ACC Accredited Chest Pain Center), ICU/CCU, Pediatric Unit, an award-winning Wound Care Center, Nutrition Counseling, Physical / Speech / Occupational Therapy, Inpatient Physical Rehab, Respiratory Therapy, Sleep Lab, Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, Cardiac Rehab, Speech Therapy, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Hospitalist Services, Pulmonology, Medical Oncology, Infusion Services, and ongoing community education. Surgical services include both inpatient & outpatient services in the specialties of general surgery, laparoscopic surgery, urology, GI / endoscopic, orthopedics, ophthalmology, GYN, Podiatry, and ENT. General Surgery and GYN Surgery are performed utilizing a recently added DaVinci X robot. LRMC has a full range of diagnostic imaging, including 3D Mammography, Fluoroscopy, MRI, PET, two 64-slice CT’s, Nuclear Medicine, Bone Densitometry, and Ultrasound. We believe in exceptionalism and achieving top performance in quality, safety, physician and employee relations, community involvement, financial and operational excellence.Qualifications
Minimum Experience / Education
Minimum four (4) years hospital/clinical experience preferred. RN degree or Social Worker degree.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Working knowledge of approved criteria used for assessment/decision making.
- Willingness and ability to teach others.
- WV Registered Nurse or compact multi-state license or WV Social Worker Licensure (one year to obtain a permanent license).
At Logan Regional Medical Center, we recognize that our patients deserve qualified, engaged, and competent employees. We know that our employees deserve a working environment that is safe, leaders who are visible and supportive, and opportunities to grow and develop. We have a positive, hopeful, and resilient leadership team that is solely focused on taking care of the heart of the people who work here. If you feel that your skills and compassion fit with our vision for person-centered care and evidence-based practice, and you would like to belong to a hospital family that only the best are invited to join, we invite you to apply today.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.