Infection Control NurseLima, Ohio
Job ID: 377846
At Kindred, we believe our Nurses are the heart of our organization – from the extraordinary kindness and compassionate they show to the exceptional care they provide. As an RN here, you will engage our patients and their families, helping to ensure the best possible outcomes by reducing lengths of stay and unnecessary re-hospitalizations. Join us and see firsthand what it’s like to grow and advance in a truly collaborative environment where everyone is supported, empowered and inspired to be their best and do their best.
What do you need to be a successful Registered Nurse at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
Education is really all it takes to be a nurse. But passion and love for mankind – that’s what it takes to be a good nurse at Kindred.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Bonuses & Recognition
Retention bonus, Employee of the Month Recognition, and Individual Recognition for going “Above & Beyond”.
- The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN develops, implements, and continually monitors the infection control policies and procedures for all departments.
- The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN implements a surveillance system for detecting and monitoring hospital acquired and community infections. Ensures compliance to regulatory requirements.
- The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN provides physicians and staff with updates of infection control policy changes.
- The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN investigates outbreaks or clusters of infections. Monitors, analyzes, and interprets bacteriology reports and infection statistics, recommends appropriate control measures to prevent dissemination of resistant microorganisms and pathogens.
- The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN consults with physicians, managers, and staff for the management of infectious and/or immuno-suppressed patients.
- The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN participates in Infection Control Committees.
- The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN collaborates with local and state health departments in the prevention, control, and appropriate reporting of communicable diseases.
- The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN participates in ongoing infection control educational programs for employees, including TB, HIV/Hep/Universal Precautions. May educate patients as necessary.
Infection Control Employee Health Nurse, Infection Control, Employee Health, APIC, ICP, RN,
The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN will have a Bachelors Degree in nursing or healthcare related field. A Masters degree in a clinical specialty is preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN will have a current State RN license in the state in which they will be working. An ICP or related certification preferred.
A minimum of 1 year clinical experience in medical-surgical or critical care nursing. Experience in Infection Control with basic knowledge of the principles of epidemiology and inctions, diseases, sterilization, sanitation, and disinfection practice preferred. Experience in handling employee health preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.