Pharmacy Technician - PRNLanghorne, Pennsylvania
The first and only freestanding, inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital in Bucks County.
St. Mary Rehabilitation Hospital (SMRH) embraces the tradition of excellence for which St. Mary Medical Center is known. We are very proud of our patient outcomes.
St Mary Rehab Hospital has been ranked in the top 25 percent of all rehab hospitals by UDS (Uniform Data Systems) for multiple years.
Our state-of-the-art, acute rehabilitation hospital features 50 spacious, private rooms and two specialty units (brain injury and stroke recovery).
Our highly skilled, clinical staff is dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have suffered:
Neurological conditions including:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Guillian-Barre Syndrome
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Orthopedic Injury
Medically Complex Illnesses including:
- Cardiac Disease
- Pulmonary Disease
- Renal disease
The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacists by preparing medications, performing routine duties, and by delivery of medications and assists with clerical functions.
- Prepares patient drug orders.
- Delivers medications to medication rooms, and nursing stations as appropriate.
- Reviews patient MAR for potential admissions and plans medications to be delivered to medication machines.
- Restocks usable medications/IVs returned to the pharmacy.
- Files medication orders.
- Assists the pharmacists with audits.
- Completes assigned unit inspections.
- Restocks automated medication dispensing machines
- Communicates stock utilization and ordering needs, and/or assists with ordering inventory and supplies.
- Checks medication expiration dates and alerts pharmacist when needed.
- Compounds and labels extemporaneous liquid and solid products for patients according to procedure.
- Answers telephone and processes requests according to procedures.
- Properly unit doses medications that do not come prepackaged.
- Assists pharmacist, and/or nursing staff with other staff as appropriate.
- Prepares sterile and non-sterile compounds per USP standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Registered, or eligible to register, as pharmacy technician with the State Board of Pharmacy as required by state regulations
- Pharmacy Technician Certification as required by state regulations.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.