Occupational Therapist - Full-TimeLanghorne, Pennsylvania
The first and only freestanding, inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital in Bucks County.
St. Mary Rehabilitation Hospital (SMRH) embraces the tradition of excellence for which St. Mary Medical Center is known. We are very proud of our patient outcomes.
St Mary Rehab Hospital has been ranked in the top 25 percent of all rehab hospitals by UDS (Uniform Data Systems) for multiple years.
Our state-of-the-art, acute rehabilitation hospital features 50 spacious, private rooms and two specialty units (brain injury and stroke recovery).
Our highly skilled, clinical staff is dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have suffered:
Neurological conditions including:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Guillian-Barre Syndrome
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Orthopedic Injury
Medically Complex Illnesses including:
- Cardiac Disease
- Pulmonary Disease
- Renal disease
The Occupational Therapist (OT) provides occupational therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments as prescribed by a licensed physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease, or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability as indicated for the care of those patients being treated by Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants, rehabilitation technicians and occupational therapy students. May be assigned to orient staff and students and assume the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the absence of that individual as qualified to do so.
- Assesses patients’ needs; identifies and initiates appropriate occupational therapy interventions; works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional occupational therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if needed.
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs reassessments, as per policy. Performs accurate and timely QI scoring. The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Current licensure as an Occupational Therapist in the state where the hospital is located.
- Previous experience in all aspects of occupational therapy preferred, but not required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English with additional languages preferred
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.