Case Manager - Part-TimeLanghorne, Pennsylvania
The first and only freestanding, inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital in Bucks County.
St. Mary Rehabilitation Hospital (SMRH) embraces the tradition of excellence for which St. Mary Medical Center is known. We are very proud of our patient outcomes.
St Mary Rehab Hospital has been ranked in the top 25 percent of all rehab hospitals by UDS (Uniform Data Systems) for multiple years.
Our state-of-the-art, acute rehabilitation hospital features 50 spacious, private rooms and two specialty units (brain injury and stroke recovery).
Our highly skilled, clinical staff is dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have suffered:
Neurological conditions including:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Guillian-Barre Syndrome
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Orthopedic Injury
Medically Complex Illnesses including:
- Cardiac Disease
- Pulmonary Disease
- Renal disease
Coordinates management of care and ensures optimum utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with external review agencies. Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration of functions of case management, utilization review and management and discharge planning.
Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care coordination, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs while ensuring patient preferences.
Serves as a patient advocate through resource utilization, discharge planning and addressing the holistic needs of the patient.
The Case Manager (CM) is responsible for providing care coordination including needs assessment and identification of care options, communication with patients and families in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The CM shall be accountable for carrying out all responsibilities in accordance with Kindred Healthcare CORE values.
Promotes the hospital’s mission, vision, and values.Qualifications
- Current Registered Nurse or Social Work licensure or Healthcare professional licensure as Respiratory Therapist, Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist or Occupational Therapist.
- Certification in Case Management or Rehabilitation Nursing preferred; for example, Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCM); Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) certification, American Case Management Association (ACM) or Board Certification in CM by the ANCC e.g.: RN-BC
- Minimum of 2 years social work or case management experience in an inpatient setting highly preferred; acute/rehabilitation hospital experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English, additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer skills in excel, word, outlook, power point, etc. required.
- Must have good organizational skills, time management skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information and carry out duties independently
- Must be cooperative and have the desire to be a team player.
- Must recognize and observe confidentiality principles.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.