Pharmacist - Lancaster Rehabilitation HospitalLancaster, Pennsylvania
Pharmacist job responsibilities:
- Verifies physician medication orders.
- Monitors and evaluates the six critical processes of medication management; determines risk points and is an active participant with physicians and clinical staff in continuous quality and performance improvement.
- Verifies and approves the work of Pharmacy Technician(s).
- Responsible for the management and utilization of the computerized pharmacy system.
- Orders and stores medications, keeping them safe and effective.
- Monitors drug therapy for appropriateness and promotes/ evaluates rational drug therapy that improves pharmaceutical care. Performs anticoagulant monitoring.
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Complies with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides information to the medical staff and administration regarding the cost effective use of pharmaceuticals.
- Works with physicians, specialists and other clinicians to implement appropriate guidelines and protocols for drug use based on evidence based medicine, national guidelines, and literature based protocols.
- Provides drug information to nurses, physicians, and other pharmacists to ensure current information on drug therapy.
- Provides specialized services to assist nursing and patients manage conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, etc.
- Recommends changes to drug therapy based on patient assessment.
- Provides and documents clinical interventions, therapy recommendations and other clinical activities according to department policy and procedure in order to maintain accurate and complete patient records
- Participates in the Drug Reconciliation activities of the Pharmacy Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
As a Pharmacist you will have:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Pharm D degree and/or accredited clinical residency preferred.
- Must hold a current state license to practice pharmacy.
- Two years’ experience in hospital pharmacy is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.