Nutritional Services Aide - Part-TimeLancaster, Pennsylvania
Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital, a joint venture between Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health and Kindred Healthcare, is the only freestanding inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Lancaster County. Conveniently located off of US Route 30, Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital features 59 private rooms with private bathrooms. Our highly skilled team of nurses and therapists work together to provide a personalized intensive rehabilitation treatment care plan to optimize patient quality outcomes and restore independence.
The Nutritional Services Aide performs a variety of patient food service and dish duties, including:
- Prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets.
- Prepares and delivers items to the nourishment kitchen on each unit.
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner.
- Prepares special diet foods as necessary.
- Serve patients in the main dining room.
- Delivers food carts to the NRC. Returns carts to kitchen at designated times.
- Takes charge of dishwashing duties by using safety policies in place.
- Washes specified items by hand, i.e., pots, pans, knives.
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
- Puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Mops floors as scheduled and as necessary.
- Cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas.
- Cleans countertops, tabletops, and steam wells.
- Uses cash register to ring up appropriate items for purchase and follows appropriate cash handling procedures.
- Sets up sanitizer buckets at the beginning of each shift and ensures that proper sanitizing procedures are being followed.
The position requires a High School Diploma/GED, and prior food service experience is preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.