Nursing Assistant- NightsLancaster, Pennsylvania
Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in Pennsylvania!
$3,000 sign-on bonus!
Night Shift 11:00 pm - 7:30 am, Rotating weekends required
Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital, a joint venture between Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health and Kindred Healthcare, is the only freestanding inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Lancaster County. Conveniently located off of US Route 30, Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital features 59 private patient rooms. Our highly skilled team of nurses and therapists work together to provide a personalized intensive rehabilitation treatment care plan to optimize patient quality outcomes and restore independence.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The Nursing Assistant assumes responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients in collaboration with the evaluating RN or designee for providing routine daily nursing care and services that support the care delivered to patients requiring rehabilitative care as determined by a treatment plan and directed by the evaluating RN.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Provides morning care which may include bed bath, shower or whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over bed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Provides evening care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning over bed tables, straightening room and other general care as needed.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Prepares patients for meals; serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients if necessary.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to patients.
- Answers patient call lights, anticipates patient's needs and makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with the handling of personal property: dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prosthetic devices, etc.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Transports patients to and from various departments in the hospital.
- Reports and, when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
- Assists in the preparation of admissions, transfers and discharge of patients.
- Assists licensed nursing staff with treatment procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Integrates the plan of care with Rehabilitation Services treatment plan to attain patient's optimal level of functioning.
- High School Diploma
- Previous healthcare experience
- Current CPR/BLA Certification
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.