Nursing Assistant - Evening Shift Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital, a joint venture between Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health and Kindred Healthcare, is the only freestanding inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Lancaster County. Conveniently located off of US Route 30, Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital features 59 private rooms with private bathrooms. Our highly skilled team of nurses and therapists work together to provide a personalized intensive rehabilitation treatment care plan to optimize patient quality outcomes and restore independence.
Full time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including: Paid Time off (accrual begins on first day of employment), medical plans including company paid Health Savings Account Contribution, Dental, Vison,401k, Company paid short and long term disability insurance and life insurance.
The Nursing Assistant assumes responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients in collaboration with the evaluating RN or designee for providing routine daily nursing care and services that support the care delivered to patients requiring rehabilitative care as determined by a treatment plan and directed by the evaluating RN.
- Provides patient care services to patients over the age of 14.
- Provides patient care and treatments per physician’s orders and in accordance with the plan of care developed by the RN and clinical staff.
- Takes measurements of patient status, within the limits of his/her training and ability, as appropriate in providing care and to assist in monitoring the effectiveness of care and reports to the clinical staff and RN.
- Maintains communication and collaboration with the evaluating RN to promote maximum benefits of outcome oriented patient care.
- Follows plan for discharge and discusses with licensed clinical staff any additional discharge concerns which arise during care.
- Communicates with patient, family, care givers, significant other and members of the healthcare team to promote maximum benefit of care.
- Documents objective information related to patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and the aging process for the planning and delivery of age appropriate care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Previous healthcare experience
- CPR Certification
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.