Dietary Aide/HousekeeperLancaster, Pennsylvania
The Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital is currently hiring for a full-time position that would split time between our Dietary and Housekeeping departments.
Weekly hours will range from 30-40 hours per week, depending on needs. Primary hours for the position would be:
- Every Monday and Friday, working 6:00am to 1:00pm in the kitchen as a Nutrition Services Aide.
- Every other Saturday and Sunday, working 6:30am to 6:30pm.
- Additional hours are flexible and based on department needs.
Nutrition Services Aide -
- Prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets.
- Prepares and delivers items to the nourishment kitchen on each unit.
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner.
- Prepares special diet foods as necessary.
- Serve patients in the main dining room.
- Delivers food carts to the NRC. Returns carts to kitchen at designated times.
- Takes charge of dishwashing duties by using safety policies in place.
- Washes specified items by hand, i.e., pots, pans, knives.
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
- Puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Mops floors as scheduled and as necessary.
- Cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas.
- Cleans countertops, tabletops, and steam wells.
- Uses cash register to ring up appropriate items for purchase and follows appropriate cash handling procedures.
- Sets up sanitizer buckets at the beginning of each shift and ensures that proper sanitizing procedures are being followed.
- Cleans and services building areas.
- Moves furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, safe and sanitary condition.
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
- Previous cleaning or housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with patients, visitors and other hospital staff.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.