Clinical Pharmacy Manager / Antimicrobial Stewardship - Pharmacy Residency Program - Kindred Hospital La MiradaLa Mirada, California
Kindred Transitional Care Hospitals has a career opportunity for you as a Clinical Pharmacy Manager! As a division of Kindred Healthcare, we play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients who require acute care and rehabilitation over an extended period.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to deliver intensive, multidisciplinary care and transition patients’ home or to a lower level of care as quickly and safely as possible. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine’s “Most Admired Healthcare Company” for 8 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
As a Clinical Pharmacy Manager you will:
- Responsible for the provision of safe, effective, appropriate and cost-efficient medication therapy to patients at the facility.
- Facilitates the development, implementation, and maintenance of a system that promotes desirable patient outcomes through safe, cost-effective drug therapies.
- Performs prospective and/or retrospective drug utilization review.
- Participates in the distribution of clinical drug information and educates providers and staff regarding the appropriate use of pharmaceutical treatment regimens.
- Acts as an interface between the Pharmacy department and the hospital's clinical committees to coordinate medication use policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Participates in discharge planning process.
- Assumes duties of the Director of Pharmacy in his/her absence.
- Performs duties of a staff pharmacist as needed.
Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Registered Pharmacist, Pharm D, Hospitals, LTAC, Transitional Care Hospitals, Acute Care
As a Clinical Pharmacy Manager you will have:
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD from an accredited school of pharmacy.
Post-graduate degree in business administration or health-care related field preferred.
Registered Pharmacist in the state of practice. Board Certification preferred.
Minimum two years of hospital pharmacy experience required with one year of previous supervisory experience preferred.
Completion of a PGY-1 residency and/or PGY-2 specialty residency preferred.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.