Rehabilitation TechnicianKnoxville, Tennessee
Knoxville Rehabilitation Hospital - Knoxville, TN
Kindred Healthcare has partnered with Tennova Healthcare and the University of Tennessee Medical Center to open the brand new 57-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Knoxville, Tennessee. Knoxville Rehabilitation Hospital provides care for patients across an 11-county region with impairments resulting from a traumatic medical situation, such as stroke, serious spinal cord and brain injury, neurologic illness, major multiple trauma, and orthopedic conditions with complex or profound impairments. Although the majority of patients are seniors, Knoxville Rehabilitation Hospital is equipped to also treat younger patients recovering from traumatic incidents.
With more than 20 standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation management and services expertise that benefits our partners as well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions, including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma.
The Rehab Tech is responsible for preparing treatment areas, cleaning treatment areas, positioning patients, procurement and inventory of supplies, transporting, and assisting patients and therapist.
- Ability to Transport, lift, transfer, move and reposition patients in the patient room, Therapy Gym and other common areas of the hospital.
- Prepares patient for prescribed treatment and assists professional staff with patient treatment.
- Prepares, cleans and maintains treatment areas and equipment.
- Procures and keeps an accurate inventory of all therapy supplies.
- Performs routine clerical tasks for Therapy Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- CPR/BCLS Certification
- Minimum six months experience in an acute or long term facility preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.