Physical Therapist - WeekendsKnoxville, Tennessee
Knoxville Rehabilitation Hospital - Knoxville, TN
1250 Tennova Medical Way
Kindred Healthcare has partnered with Tennova Healthcare and the University of Tennessee Medical Center to open the brand new 57-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Knoxville, Tennessee. Knoxville Rehabilitation Hospital provides care for patients across an 11-county region with impairments resulting from a traumatic medical situation, such as stroke, serious spinal cord and brain injury, neurologic illness, major multiple trauma, and orthopedic conditions with complex or profound impairments. Although the majority of patients are seniors, Knoxville Rehabilitation Hospital is equipped to also treat younger patients recovering from traumatic incidents.
With more than 20 standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation management and services expertise that benefits our partners as well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions, including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma.
The Physical Therapist (PT) assumes responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients and provides physical therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality patient care. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those patients being treated by Physical Therapist Assistants and Therapy techs. May be assigned to orient staff and students and assume the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the absence of that individual.
- Assesses patients’ needs; identifies and initiates appropriate physical therapy interventions; works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional physical therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if needed.
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs reassessments, as per policy. Performs accurate and timely QI scoring. The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate interventions to reduce pain; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Formulates and updates patient specific plan of care for physical therapy
- Reports patient progress and barriers to discharge in each patient team conference
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching, as appropriate. Performs appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge, competency and proficiency of physical therapy modalities.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains department cleanliness and safety.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, and administrative team.
- Participates in patient/family conferences and team conferences.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized, and to function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies. Documents goals on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission of the patient and provides updates regularly.
- Participates in educational staff performance improvement in-services. Assists with orientation and in-service training for certified department staff members. Participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Participates in infection control, departmental equipment training, and organizational safety and fire safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Tennessee licensure as a Physical Therapist.
- Inpatient rehab experience preferred
- Current BLS/CPR Card.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.