Physical Therapist - IRF PRNKeller, Texas
**PRN with potential to move to Full-Time**
*New Graduate Mentorship available*
Texas Rehabilitation Hospital Keller is located in beautiful Keller, TX that is a joint venture between Texas Health Resource and Kindred Healthcare. It is a 36-bed rehabilitation hospital serve patients recovering from strokes and other long-term illnesses or injuries and feature specialized clinical programs.
The Physical Therapist (PT) assumes responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients and provides physical therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality patient care. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Assesses patients’ needs; identifies and initiates appropriate physical therapy interventions; works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional physical therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if needed.
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs reassessments, as per policy. Performs accurate and timely QI scoring. The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate interventions to reduce pain; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Formulates and updates patient specific plan of care for physical therapy
- Reports patient progress and barriers to discharge in each patient team conference
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching, as appropriate. Performs appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge, competency and proficiency of physical therapy modalities.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains department cleanliness and safety.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, and administrative team.
- Participates in patient/family conferences and team conferences.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized, and to function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies. Documents goals on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission of the patient and provides updates regularly.
- Participates in educational staff performance improvement in-services. Assists with orientation and in-service training for certified department staff members. Participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Participates in infection control, departmental equipment training, and organizational safety and fire safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the state where the hospital is located.
- Inpatient rehab experience preferred
- Current BLS/CPR Card.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.