Nutritional Services Aide - IRFKeller, Texas
Texas Rehabilitation Hospital Keller is located in beautiful Keller, TX that is a joint venture between Texas Health Resource and Kindred Healthcare. It is a 36-bed rehabilitation hospital serve patients recovering from strokes and other long-term illnesses or injuries and feature specialized clinical programs.
Texas Rehabilitation Hospital - Keller's mission is to deliver comprehensive, efficient medical rehabilitation to persons with disabling conditions in order to provide them the opportunity to achieve the highest attainable level of functional improvement. Specialty programs include stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehab, orthopedic physical therapy, and amputation treatment.
Come join a close-knit and supportive staff. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. You will be responsible for the distribution, decontamination and storage of equipment and supplies. You will also ensure that supplies are maintained according to established guidelines, and monitor usage to determine need for a change in established levels
As a Nutrional Services Aide you will:
- Have High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Prior food service or customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and interpersonal skills.
Give your Best
Performs work that reflects the highest level of service and is a credit to self and positively represents Kindred. Keeping skills, competencies and required licensures/certifications current; displays mastery over attitude and behavior and pride in appearance.
Stay Focused on the Patient
Meets the patients’ needs and concerns by consistently acting in a patient-focused manner.
Doing the right thing… Always
Demonstrates adherence to a strict moral or ethical code in performance of duties by always seeking to do the right thing. Takes ownership of all aspects of duties shown through reliable, timely performance and accountability
Create Fun In What you Do
Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work and devotion to the task at hand.
Respect Individuality to Create the Team
Cooperate with co-workers while performing duties leading to everyone being able to achieve success and giving recognition where it is due. Acknowledges the worth of others through professionalism, patience, and common courtesy.
Be Kinder than Expected
Anticipating a need, providing service above and beyond expectations with compassionQualifications
- Prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets and prepares special diet foods as necessary.
- Prepares and delivers items as requested by patient care units or patients.
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner and puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Loads and oversees dishwashers and washes specified items by hand, i.e., pots, pans, knives.
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
- Mops floors, cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas as scheduled and as necessary.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicated the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of equipment utilized.
- Appropriate telephone communication skills.
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Good general health and stress coping ability. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. Normal walking, standing, sitting, bending, carrying of light items such as trays and dishes, food items and misc. other kitchen equipment. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.