Registered Nurse - RN - Behavioral Health - part-time - 5pm to 5:30am - Kankakee - ILKankakee, Illinois
Riverside Medical Center is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Registered Nurse tojoin the team at the behavioral health unit located in Kankakee, IL. We specialize in compassionate behavioral health services, including crisis stabilization for acute mental health and substance use disorders. Our philosophy is built on a psychosocial model of care and follows the core principles of resilience, recovery and restoration. This position is part-time with a 5pm to 5:30am shift on the Senior Behavioral Health Unit.
We are looking for someone who will have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
The MHU Registered Nurse, is responsible for assessing the needs of each patient, including the spiritual, emotional, and physiological needs, and managing the nursing care to meet those needs utilizing the nursing process. Once planned, the registered nurse is responsible for assuring that the care is delivered based on established standards and policies in collaboration with other disciplines.
• Analyzes the assessment data to determine the patient's nursing diagnoses or patient problems.
• Coordinates care delivery through the utilization of department, organization and community models and resources; critical thinking; interdisciplinary teamwork; patient advocacy; and the unique nurse-patient connection, and identifies and uses available resources to define and implement the plan of care.
• Detects and collects comprehensive data and identifies patterns pertinent to the patient's health and unique situation.
• Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes, based on the patient's individualized situation and anticipated needs.
• Effects changes through engagement, involvement, and participation of peers and colleagues, leading others where they need to be rather than where they want to go (American Nurses Credentialing Center [ANCC]).
• Employs strategies, including the art of translation, to promote healthy behaviors for patients and families.
• Enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice through communication, documentation, initiation of change, creativity, innovation, participation ini quality improvement (QI), evidence based practice (EBP), and research processes.
• Evaluates one's own nursing practice in relation to the Illinois Nurse Practice Act and professional practice standards and guidelines.
• Evaluates progress toward effective attainment of patient, family and community goals.
• Implements the identified plan based on the nursing process, our nursing mission and philosophy, and our organization's mission.
• Mentors others in all aspects of nursing practice.Qualifications
Experience and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma Required, College level courses in Psychology or related field preferred.
- Experience in a medical or psychiatric setting preferred.
License or Certification Requirements:
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.