Registered Nurse - Rehab - Nights - Kankakee - ILKankakee, Illinois
Riverside Medical Center is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Registered Nurse - Rehab tojoin the Rehabilitation team in Kankakee, IL.
The Rehab RN is responsible for assessing the needs of each patient ranging from young adult to geriatric and planning the nursing care necessary to meet those needs, including the spiritual, emotional, psychosocial and physiological needs. The RN is then responsible in seeing that the interdisciplinary plan of care is carried out through performance or delegation to subordinate personnel. The RN is supervised by the Unit Director, Team Leader, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, or Nusing
As a Rehab RN you will:
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the patient's nursing diagnoses or patient problems.
- Coordinates care delivery through the utilization of department, organization and community models and resources; critical thinking; interdisciplinary teamwork; patient advocacy; and the unique nurse-patient connection, and identifies and uses available resources to define and implement the plan of care.
- Detects and collects comprehensive data and identifies patterns pertinent to the patient's health and unique situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes, based on the patient's individualized situation and anticipated needs.
- Effects changes through engagement, involvement, and participation of peers and colleagues, leading others where they need to be rather than where they want to go (American Nurses Credentialing Center [ANCC]).Employs strategies, including the art of translation, to promote healthy behaviors for patients and families.
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice through communication, documentation, initiation of change, creativity, innovation, participation ini quality improvement (QI), evidence based practice (EBP), and research processes.
- Evaluates one's own nursing practice in relation to the Illinois Nurse Practice Act and professional practice standards and guidelines.
- Evaluates progress toward effective attainment of patient, family and community goals.
- Implements the identified plan based on the nursing process, our nursing mission and philosophy, and our organization's mission.
- Satisfactorily complete all required continuing education hours regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
- Mentors others in all aspects of nursing practice.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- As of 1/1/18 must obtain BSN with 4 years of hire or transfer.
License or Certification Requirements:
Current RN registration (or application thereof with current work permit)
• QIM Certification preferred
• Rehab Certification preferred
• CPR certification preferred
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.