Nurse Manager - Behavioral Medicine - Riverside Medical Center - Kankakee, ILKankakee, Illinois
Riverside Medical Center is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Nurse Manager for Behavioral Medicine tojoin the team and have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
As a Nurse Manager for Behavioral Medicine you will:
- Ability to assess, plan, direct and/or implement care.
- Coordinates and integrates services within department and throughout the medical center
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of departmental operations and the skills required to provide appropriate, effective care.
- Ensures policies and procedures are current and implemented.
- Ensures that patient records are maintained in accordance with regulatory agency standards and Illinois Mental Health Codes.
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art therapies related to clinical areas and serves as a resource to staff in providing quality care.
- Manages and provides leadership in financial matters regarding budgeting and cost control and revenue generation.
- Organizes performance improvement activities for the Mental Health Specialty Unit.
- Participates and contributes to assigned committees, teams, task forces, including community service if applicable.
- Provides leadership and direction for ensuring quality patient care.
- Provides leadership and direction for improving patient/customer satisfaction.
- Provides orientation, supervision, staff education and development to Mental Health Specialty Unit staff.
- Reviews referral information and coordinates potential admissions.
- Serves as the primary coordinator for UR process regarding precertification, progress recommendations and discharge planning.
- Supervises case managers who coordinate discharge planning and linkage through appropriate interface to ensure that the plan is developed in a timely, appropriate and effective manner.
As a Nurse Manager for Behavioral Medicine you you will have:
* Graduate of an approved nursing program, BSN required.
* Progressive experience in nursing field with minimum 2 years experience.
* Completion of management development program and orientation to management functions.
License or Certification Requirements:
* Current IL RN License
* Psychiatric certification preferred
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.