Mental Health Technician - CNA - night shift - Kankakee, ILKankakee, Illinois
Job #: 418653
Kindred Certified Nursing Assistants are dedicated members of our support staff and an indispensable component of our health care team. Acting as care giver to high acuity patients in a long term acute care hospital setting, you will assist patients with daily activities such as grooming, bathing and feeding. You will also assist our RNs with their duties, including administering patient vitals. Join us in this caring role, and see what’s possible when respect, compassion and continual learning guide your day, every day.
What do you need to be a successful Certified Nursing Assistant at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
To see the changes and impact that you can make in somebody’s life is why I really love my job.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits & Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Riverside Medical Center is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented CNA/Mental Health Geriatric Technician tojoin the team at the behavioral health unit located in Kankakee, IL. We specialize in compassionate behavioral health services, including crisis stabilization for acute mental health and substance use disorders. Our philosophy is built on a psychosocial model of care and follows the core principles of resilience, recovery and restoration.
The shift for this position is 7pm to 7am on the Senior Behavioral Health Unit.
We are looking for someone who will have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
The CNA/Mental Health Geriatric Tech is an entry levelposition applying principles and techniques of evaluation,therapeutic intervention, and treatment of patients. The CNA/MHT manages a safe and therapeutic environment for mental health patients.
- Ability to transfer patients within the hospital environment and assist with bed mobility.
- Able to perform mental status evaluations to report to appropriate doctor to determine appropriate disposition.
- Able to effectively follow through with recommended dispositions.
- Actively participates in self development by attending educational programs and has completed annual hours of continuing education as required for assisted living regulations.
- Answer call lights in a timely and courteous manner.
- Assists to maintain MHU standards of safety and cleanliness within the therapeutic milieu.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the action and side effects of psychotropic medications.
- Documents observations, interventions, and progress towards planned outcomes according to charting standards.
- Ensures that group and milieu programming occurs as scheduled.
- Implements planned treatment interventions and documents patients' response.
- Monitors assigned patients and assists with their personal care needs.
- Observes patient's mental status and documents per MHU charting guidelines.
- Possesses the knowledge and skill required to evaluate patients' mental status to determine treatment needs/interventions.
- Provides orientation/reordination of residents to their environment and provides redirection as appropriate for residents level of understanding.
- Reports patient observations (assigned, group, milieu)
Experience and Education Requirements:
- College level courses in Psychology or related field preferred or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience in a medical or psychiatric setting preferred.
- Completion of certified nurse aid course.
- Nursing Assistant experience preferred.
License or Certification Requirements:
- CNA certificate registered with the State of Illinois.
- CPR required within 90 days of hire.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.