Mental Health Technician - 3p to 11:30pm - Riverside Medical - Kanakakee, ILKankakee, Illinois
Riverside Medical Center is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Mental Health Technician tojoin the team at the behavioral health unit located in Kankakee, IL. We specialize in compassionate behavioral health services, including crisis stabilization for acute mental health and substance use disorders. Our philosophy is built on a psychosocial model of care and follows the core principles of resilience, recovery and restoration. The shift for this position is 3pm to 11:30pm on the Adult Mental Health Unit.
We are looking for someone who will have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
The Mental Health Technician is an entry level position applying principles and techniques of evaluation, therapeutic intervention, and treatment of patients. The technician manages a safe and therapeutic environment for mental health patients.
- Able to perform mental status evaluations in ER setting to report to appropriate Dr. to determine appropriate disposition.
- Able to effectively follow through with recommendeddispositions.
- Assists to maintain MHU standards of safety andcleanliness within the therapeutic milieu.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the action and side effects of psychotropic medications.
- Documents observations, interventions, and progresstowards planned outcomes according to chartingstandards.
- Ensures that group and milieu programming occurs asscheduled.
- Implements planned treatment interventions anddocuments patients' response.
- Monitors assigned patients and assists with theirpersonal care needs.
- Observes patient's mental status and documents perMHU charting guidelines.
- Possesses the knowledge and skill required to evaluate patients' mental status to determine treatmentneeds/interventions.
- Reports patient observations (assigned, group, milieu)to RN every shift.
- Utilizes approved behavioral management techniqueswhen appropriate.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma Required, College level courses in Psychology or related field preferred.
- Experience in a medical or psychiatric setting preferred.
License or Certification Requirements:
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.