Clinician - Social Worker - Behavioral Health - Outpatient - Kankakee - ILKankakee, Illinois
Riverside Medical Center is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Outpatient Licensed Cliniciantojoin the team at the Pathways Behavioral Health Outpatient located in Kankakee, IL. We specialize in compassionate behavioral health services, including crisis stabilization for acute mental health and substance use disorders. Our philosophy is built on a psychosocial model of care and follows the core principles of resilience, recovery and restoration.
We are looking for someone who will have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
The Outpatient Clinician is a skilled professional practitioner with competence in psychiatric case management for mental health outpatient clients. Functions in the role include clinician, educator, liaison and resource person. The clinician establishes goals and priorities in accordance with patient and staff needs and objectives. The clinician has an ethical and professional obligation to provide patients with the best of care possible within the limits of available resources.
- Assumes responsibility for own clinical competency and continuing education.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team, regarding patient needs and length of stay.
- Completes admission assessments including psychosocial and establishes treatment goals, in accordance with patient and organizational objectives.
- Adheres to program policy with regard to completing documentation by the identified time frame noted in policy.
- Demonstrates understanding of the action and side effects of psychotropic medications.
- Educates family members involved in the patients treatment via family meeting.
- Functions in the role of clinician, educator, liaison, and resource person to peers/treatment team.
- Provide group therapy in relation to program plan and client needs.
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating the treatment and discharge planning for patients assigned to the clinician’s caseload.
- Masters Degree required (License Preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience working with the mentally ill preferred.
- Demonstrates familiarity with short-term crisis intervention, understanding of individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and family intervention.
- Possess broad understanding of various theoretical perspectives in assessing patient treatment needs and responses
License or Certification Requirements:
- Master's prepared Psych Certified RN, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or actively pursuing license and eligible to complete within one year of hire date.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.