Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA - ARU - Days - Kankakee - ILKankakee, Illinois
Job #: 431801
Kindred Certified Nursing Assistants are dedicated members of our support staff and an indispensable component of our health care team. Acting as care giver to high acuity patients in a long term acute care hospital setting, you will assist patients with daily activities such as grooming, bathing and feeding. You will also assist our RNs with their duties, including administering patient vitals. Join us in this caring role, and see what’s possible when respect, compassion and continual learning guide your day, every day.
What do you need to be a successful Certified Nursing Assistant at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
To see the changes and impact that you can make in somebody’s life is why I really love my job.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits & Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Riverside Medical Center ARU is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented CNA to join theRehabilitation team in Kankakee, IL.
Th 4 Rehab MST/CNA assists with the routine care of patients ranging from young adult to geriatric and the maintenance of the unit under the direction of the professional nurse.
- Ability to transfer patients within the hospital environment and assist with bed mobility.
- Answer call lights in a timely and courteous manner.
- Assist patients with all aspects of ADL's. Assist peers in training and developing new hires to ensure individual and team success.
- Document chartable activities in computer.
- Feed patients and give them between meal fluids and nourishments.
- Follow and maintain isolation procedures, especially chemo precautions.
- Follow the interdisciplinary plan of care developed by the professional nurse.
- Knowledgeable on hospital disaster preparedness and assist with evacuation effectively.
- Make beds, occupied or unoccupied.
- Obtain and record patient weights: standing, bedscale, and wheelchair
- Participates by actions and demeanor the goals of 'I Respect'.Reports changes in patients' condition to the professional nurse.
- Restock supplies in patients' rooms.
- Take temperatures, pulse, respirations, B/P's, and measure and document I & O's.
- Utilize safety restraints and assistive devices appropriately.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA you will have:
Completion of course for nursing assistants.
Current Nursing Assistant Certification.
Minimum six months experience in an acute or long term facility as a Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.