Behavioral Health Therapist - 8am to 4:30pm - Riverside Medical Center - Kankakee, ILKankakee, Illinois
Riverside Medical Center is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Behavioral Health Therapisttojoin the team at the behavioral health unit located in Kankakee, IL. We specialize in compassionate behavioral health services, including crisis stabilization for acute mental health and substance use disorders. Our philosophy is built on a psychosocial model of care and follows the core principles of resilience, recovery and restoration. This position is for a 3pm to 11:30pm shift on the Adult Mental Health Unit. The hours for this position are 8am to 4:30pm, on the Adult Mental Health Unit.
We are looking for someone who will have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
The Behavioral Health Therapist I combines advanced clinical skills with organizational skills to coordinate all aspects of the patient's treatment plan. Functions in the role of clinician, educator, liaison, and resource person. Establishes treatment goals and priorities in accordance with patient and organizational objectives. Participates in Utilization Review and unit performance improvement activities. Assists in the development of Treatment Planning in-service training and ongoing follow-up and monitoring.
- Acts as a resource to unit leadership as necessary.
- Completes clinical record documentation in a timely manner as indicated by Rule 132 standards.
- Coordinates regularly scheduled treatment team staffing and case reviews providing input into the department, implementation and update of treatment plans.
- Coordinates the treatment and discharge planning for mental health patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the action and side effects of psychotropic medications.
- Performs certification and insurance reviews for assigned patients, as needed.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patients' involvement/response to treatment.
- Provides regularly scheduled family intervention to assess, involve family/other in treatment and discharge planning (as indicated).
- Provides therapy to clients as indicated by the outcome of the MHA.
- Serves as a liaison between physicians, team staff, and outpatient agencies, following confidentiality
- Master's Degree in Human Services field required
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience working with mentally ill.
- Demonstrates familiarity with short-term crisis intervention, understanding of individual psychotherapy, and family intervention.
- Possess broad understanding of various theoretical perspectives in evaluating patient treatment needs
License or Certification Requirements:
- LSW or LPC within 6 months of hire
- CPR preferred
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.