Admissions and Referral Specialist II - nights - Sat thru Wed - Behavioral Health - Kankakee - ILKankakee, Illinois
Riverside Medical Center is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Admissions and Referral Specialist IItojoin the team at the behavioral health unit located in Kankakee, IL. We specialize in compassionate behavioral health services, including crisis stabilization for acute mental health and substance use disorders. Our philosophy is built on a psychosocial model of care and follows the core principles of resilience, recovery and restoration.
We are looking for someone who will have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
The Admission & Referral Specialist II will be responsible for direct contact with clients, referral sources, families, physicians and treatment teams. The Admission & Referral Specialist II will be expected to complete an assessment of the patients in the centralized intake team and emergency department. Will coordinate disposition with Psychiatrist and ED Physician (if indicated) and follow the patient through admission to inpatient or referral to another level of care or agency. The Admission
& Referral Specialist II will be responsible for all ages pediatric to geriatric. Must be able to adapt quickly, work independently, detail oriented and organized. Gathers necessary proof of insurance coverage, begins with
authorization/certification process for admission.
* Hours are 10p-6:30a Sat-Wed
- Ability to evaluate and review clinical information and triage.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the action and side effects of psychotropic medications.
- Develops and maintains relationships within the multidisciplinary team.
- Functions as a resource person to patient and families
- Possess knowledge and skill required to complete behavioral health assessment and determine level of care.
- Work collaboratively with departments, patients, family, physician referral.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill of the proper completion of involuntary petition and certificate for admission.
- Possesses knowledge and skill to accurately assess risk, and complete MSE and clinical evaluation for IDTA
- Possesses knowledge of DSM V diagnoses and related symptoms, and demonstrates skill in identifying and assessing for these
- Ability to accurately determine admission criteria and treatment needs and formulate clinical impression
- Ability to present and document clinical impressions efficiently, and collaborate with physicians for disposition
- Work collaboratively with ED, units, and other departments to facilitate assessment and admission of Behavioral Health patients
- Demonstrates ability to educate patients, families and collaterals about the evaluation process, admission process, and Behavioral Health services
- Demonstrates ability to provide psychoeducation for patients, families and collaterals related to symptoms, diagnoses, and treatment recommendations
- Master's degree in psychology, social work, nursing or related field required.
- Minimum two years direct clinical experience in Behavioral Health field in clinical interviewing, evaluation, treatment, and referral of Behavioral Health patients preferred
- Experience with EPIC and workque preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
License or Certification Requirements:
• LCSW or LCPC preferred
• LSW or LPC preferred
• If RN, Psychiatric Nursing Certification preferred
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.