Student Nurse - Nursing AssistantIndianapolis, Indiana
- Assist professional nursing personnel in providing patient care in assigned area.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, emotional support and performs more complex clinical skills under the direction of professional nursing personnel.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning the patient, lifting, turning, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in the use of bed pan, urinal or commode, ambulating the patient, pre operative and post operative care, and application of binder or anti embolic stockings, bed bath, oral/hair/back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over bed table, and bedside stand, straightening patient room and other general care necessary during the shift.
- Collect and record temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure, and intake and output measurements.
- Prepares patient room and bed for admission and transfers and ensures all necessary equipment is in room.
- Maintains an attractive and comfortable environment for patients with special consideration to cleanliness of room, ventilation, and lighting.
- Assist in patient admission, transfer, and discharge procedures.
- Assist with handling and care of patient belongings and other personal property.
- Answer patient call lights, telephone, and paging system and responds as appropriate.
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, perform routine treatment procedures such as enemas, application of appliances for heat and cold.
- Able to release, remove, and reapply restraints to patient under the direction of an RN. Ensures patient is in proper position and alignment.
As a Nursing Assistant / NA you will have:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.