Infection Control Coordinator Indianapolis, Indiana
Part Time Infection Control Nurse (RN)
Community Rehabilitation Hospital North is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in Indiana.
Community Rehabilitation Hospital North, located on the Community Hospital North medical campus and in partnership with Kindred Healthcare, is an inpatient facility that offers superior access and the latest equipment to improve the lives of individuals with a broad range of diagnoses - from brain and spinal cord injury to stroke and amputation.
Our 63,000 square foot facility has 60 beds and serves as a Midwestern regional provider for patients with complex physical and neurological injuries and has an advanced accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in Adult Inpatient Care and for their Inpatient Brain Injury Specialty Program, Stroke Specialty Program and Amputee Program as well as Joint Commission disease-specific certifications in Stroke and Amputee Rehabilitation.
Develops the annual hospital wide Infection Control Plan; evaluates the effectiveness of the program and reports findings to leadership and appropriate committees.
- Drives and assumes ownership of Infection Control Plan and activities in the hospital.
- Excercises independent judgement in analyzing and trending infection data and creates a plan to reduce and prevent invetions.
- Funtions as the content expert on Infection Prevention and Control for the hospital incuding determining course of action, planning, implementing and ensuring compliance to the plan.
- Develops the annual hospital wide Infection Control Plan; evaluates the effectiveness of the program and reports findings to leadership and appropriate committees.
- Assures systems are in place to report infection surveillance, prevention and control information to:
- appropriate staff in the hospital
- federal, state and local public health authorities in accordance with law and regulation
- accrediting bodies
- other referring or receiving hospitals or organizations needing information regarding the presence of infection in a patient received or transferred
- Identifies potential sources of nosocomial infection and implements actions to eliminate the source; and evaluates infection data to distinguish between nosocomial and community-acquired infection.
- Assists in identifying, monitoring and controlling outbreaks of nosocomial infection among patient and hospital personnel.
- Maintains surveillance in order to collect, analyze and trend data; provides accurate and timely reports to the Director of Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement, leadership and appropriate committees.
- Assures the hospital implements infection prevention and control activities to reduce the risk of infections associated with medical equipment, devices and supplies.
- Acts as a resource to hospital personnel in implementing isolation techniques or other infection control measures.
- In collaboration with hospital leadership and personnel from applicable departments or services, reviews and revises the program to improve outcomes.
- Provides education for employees regarding infection control during orientation and ongoing in-services as required.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. Bachelors or Masters strongly preferred.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrated experience planning, coordinating, evaluating and/or directing educational activities of clinical personnel
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a bedside RN
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
*Part time position. Can be FT if combined with PT hours as a floor nurse.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.